"Pittsford Fire Station Rear Parking Lot Renovations"
Notice for Bids
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids are sought, according to specifications of a contract to be let by The Pittsford Fire District, hereinafter referred to as "District”, for “Pittsford Fire Station Rear Parking Lot Renovations”, as described in the associated construction documents, to be performed on Pittsford Fire Station, located at 8 Monroe Avenue & 19 North Main Street Pittsford, New York 14534.
That sealed bids will be received on behalf of said District by the Fire District Secretary, Edwin R. Jeffries, Fire Station No.1, 8 Monroe Avenue, Pittsford, New York 14534, on or before Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. at which time the opening and reading of bids will occur publicly at the said District Fire Station.
Bids must be in writing and in accordance with forms furnished by Fire District Secretary, Edwin R. Jeffries. The forms, instructions to bidders, and a copy of the contract documents in specifications book form may be obtained from Rotolite-Elliott Corporation, One Grove Street, PO Box 97, Pittsford, New York 14534, (585) 385-1463 on or after 10:00 a.m. Friday, July 17, 2020.
In consideration of COVID-19 distancing requirements, Bidders will not be allowed to attend the bid opening in person. Bidders can witness the bid opening via web-based conference through the link or phone number provided below.
Phone: 1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada).
Meeting number (access code): 160 681 6663
Meeting password: Fire1
A deposit of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) will be required from all Bidders. Additional sets can be purchased through Rotolite-Elliott. Deposit checks should be payable to the Pittsford Fire District. The deposit will be returned upon receipt by Rotolite-Elliott of intact plans and specifications.
1. Each proposal must be accompanied by a deposit of a certified check or bid bond with a surety company licensed to do business in New York State, payable to The Pittsford Fire District in the amount of 5% of the bid.
2. The District reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
3. All deposits, except that of the successful bidder, will be returned.
4. All bids shall be for the total contract, and no partial bids will be accepted. Alternatives to specifications allowed if so, stated in bid in accordance with bid instructions.
5. Bidders are encouraged to attend a Site Walkthrough of the proposed work area at Pittsford Fire Station at 1:00p.m. on Tuesday, July 21, 2020
6. The District will have up to 30 days to accept the bid. Awarding of any contract may be subject to the successful approval of a permissive referendum.
7. Upon acceptance of the bid, the successful bidder shall execute a contract in accordance with their bid in form and substance acceptable to the district. If bidder neglects or refuses to execute said contract, the said deposit shall be forfeited and retained by the District as liquidated damages.
By Order of Board of Fire Commissioners of The Pittsford Fire District
Edwin R. Jeffries, Secretary
DATED: July 13, 2020